Category Archives: Hybris

Aldi Starts Selling Wine Online

Aldi have launched a site selling wine online. From looking at the cookie we can see they are using a JEE application, which points towards Hybris as we know they are developing their Grocery site on Hybris. Aldi have placed their wine site very prominently on aldi.co.uk home page. The Aldi online wine store launched today (19 January), with the retailer offering home delivery for the first time to UK shoppers. More than 90 wines will be available online and customers will be able to choose Read more [...]

Sainbury’s Launches New Tu Clothing Site Built on Hybris

Sainsbury’s  said the national launch of its Tu clothing website had been received well. “The first six weeks of trading,” said chief executive Mike Coupe in today’s trading statement, “significantly exceeded our expectations and the majority of customers are choosing to collect their orders in store.” http://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk is built using Hybris, which seems a strange choice given the main site was only recently fully migrated to IBM WebSphere Commerce. The style of Read more [...]

Aldi announces it will start to sell online from next spring

  Aldi this week said it would sell via ecommerce from next spring. It will be using Hybris as  an ecommerce platform, which is different to all the others: Tesco - Microsoft Commerce Server and Oracle Endeca search for grocery and some Oracle Commerce for General Merchandise Asda - Oracle Commerce for grocery and some Demandware for General Merchandise Sainsbury's - IBM WebSphere Commerce Ocado - Bespoke / Inhouse development Waitrose - IBM WebSphere Commerce Morrisons Read more [...]

Costco selects Reply and Hybris to implement its new international eCommerce site.

Reply announced that they have developed and delivered Costco Wholesale Corporation’s new international e-commerce site, Costco.com.mx. Costco is the world’s 3rd largest retailer with a $102.5bn turnover in 2013 and over 600 warehouses globally. The group is an international wholesale membership club and is only open to members and their guests, who can benefit from a wide variety of products at low prices. Reply brought together insight and knowledge from across its network of specialised Read more [...]

Oracle’s acquisition of Endeca: What is the impact on hybris and what is the road ahead?

I found a very interesting question posed on this LinkedIn group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Oracles-acquisition-Endeca-What-is-1778803.S.76541188 "Endeca had strong relationship with hybris. On the business front, Endeca was active seller of hybris in NA. On the technical front, hybris presented Endeca as more than a compatible technology but like a partner technology (hyend extension). Oracle's acquisition of Endeca sounds like a setback to hybris. On other other hand, by this acquisition, Read more [...]

80% of Portaltech (UK Hybris Partner) Bought for £1.6m

In November 2011 Italian digital media and communications company Reply has bought an 80% stake in UK Hybris specialist Portaltech for £1.6m in cash. Reply also has the option to buy the remaining 20% of hybris specialist Portaltech, which is expected to turn over £4.5m in the year to May 2012 and whose clients include Monsoon, Accessorize, LK Bennett, Long Tall Sally and the Royal Mail Group. The move gives Reply a stake in the fast-growing UK multichannel commerce market and is part Read more [...]

Who signed up to Hybris in 2011

New Hybris customers in 2011: Successful German fashion chain Adler Modemärkte AG Sweden’s fashion retailers Indiska and Nilson Group AB Dutch pet food manufacturer Petsplace UK’s premier shoe retailer Office World’s leading leisure travel company TUI Travel PLC Prominent Swiss chocolatier owned by Nestlé Maison Cailler Leading Austrian DIY tool and machine retailer Zgonc Franchise for large-scale DIY Gamma and Karwei stores in the Netherlands and Belgium Intergamma Read more [...]